August 24th, 2013
Here’s an interesting gimmick, from my local science fiction bookstore: books wrapped in brown paper, with only a couple of keywords to keep you guessing. Can you guess which books are hidden behind thes descriptions?
- Fantasy, paranormal, suspense, Prague. Could be anything
- Science-fiction, planet spanning shield, Earth is doomed, teleological engineering. Perhaps Robert Charles Wilson’s Spin?
- Fantasy, Low Countries 1421, deluge of Biblical proportions, three conspirators. Dunno, but sounds interesting.
- Fantasy, clash of civilisations, holy war, divided loyalties. Could be any epic fantasy novel
- Fantasy, poker tournament, monsters and demons, underdog. ?
- Fantasy, Mississippi, riverboat, pale gentleman. This could be George R. R. Martin’s Fevre Dream.